Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ch-ch-changes

A New Leaf, Chicago
A lot has been happening around these parts. Along with all that is wedding nonsense (and truthfully, I do find it to be a bit nonsensical at times), I've been promoted at work and have received my LSAT score. In one year I will know which law school I'll be at, Jon and I will be almost married and we will be packing up to move to who knows where. No more New York though, this we could not handle.


Less than three weeks after becoming engaged we realized how crazy weddings are. Having called a few event spaces in Chicago, we quickly realized how quickly these things book so we flew to Chicago on a whim and booked our wonderful florist adjacent space, A New Leaf. It is lofty and perfect, very low key. This past weekend my mother flew up here for a quick peek at wedding dresses. Just so happened there was an Ian Stuart trunk show and an Ian Stuart vintage lace dress I fell in love with. Done and done.


At this point I'm already weddinged out. I have a beautfiul dress and location and, most importantly, the best fiance a woman could ask for. This is all I need, yes? No, no no. There are invitations, cakes, caterers (mac 'n cheese bar anyone?), DJs, florists, lanters....etc. Phew. I am more than happy to pass these tasks off to my very excitable mother and focus instead on law school applications.


I do wish it were truly spring. No more five minute snow showers and icy breezes. Where are the cherry blossoms, the warm sunshine, the possibility of picnics? Oh well, with all this crazy planning for life who has time to be outside anyway.


I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment